SELL IT YOURSELF?
Thanks (FOR NOTHING) Buy Owner!
REALTORS® bring value to home sellers; they can expose homes to more buyers and save owners time and money throughout the home selling process.
- Sellers who use a REALTOR® are making a smart move.
- According to the 2013 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, the share of “For-Sale-By-Owner” sales has steadily declined over the past decade, from 14 percent in 2003 to 9 percent in 2013.
- More than 40 percent of those sales involved people who already knew each other; in other words, many sellers who did not use a real estate agent were selling to a family member, friend or neighbor.
- Twelve percent of all FSBOs said they had been contacted directly by a buyer and were not actively attempting to sell their home.
- Only 6 percent of recent sellers sold their homes on the open market without the help of a real estate agent.
- REALTORS® have the experience home owners need to sell their home. REALTORS® sell hundreds, if not thousands, of homes over the course of their careers, compared to the average person who may only move a handful of times during their lifetime.
- Selling a home is a full-time job. Unrepresented sellers often don’t understand the complexity, range and timing of tasks they’ll have to perform. In a competitive market, sellers need every advantage they can get.
- On the open market, today’s sellers have to compete with short sales and foreclosures as well as other homeowners who are trying to sell their homes.
- Managing the appraisal process, inspections and buyer qualifications has become more complicated in a tougher credit market, adding to the already intricate transaction process.
- REALTORS® are real estate professionals who are experts in marketing and negotiation, as well as understanding local market conditions.
- Unrepresented sellers have no access to effective fundamental marketing services, such as a multiple listing service, and normally cannot list their homes there without the help of a licensed real estate agent.
- In addition to today’s challenging marketplace, selling a home requires more disclosures and legal requirements than ever before. Sellers also often underestimate the amount of time required to market and show their property; overestimate the value of their property; and must deal with security concerns about strangers having access to their home.
- REALTORS® can help sellers set a realistic price and ensure that the proper paperwork and various disclosures and inspections are handled correctly. REALTORS® know best how to prepare a home and maximize value, provide broader exposure to the market and are more likely to generate multiple bids than sellers on their own.
- REALTORS® are experts in attracting qualified buyers. A professional can show a home more objectively than can a seller who may be emotionally attached to the home and who might become unnerved by prospective buyers’ critical comments. REALTORS® also check the financial capability and bona fides of buyers before allowing them onto a seller’s property.
- Unrepresented sellers are typically owners with lower incomes who are trying to sell lower priced homes, often mistakenly thinking they will save money by foregoing professional advice and representation.
Data from the 2013 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers:
- The biggest problems for owners selling without professional assistance were getting the price right (13 percent), preparing the home for sale (12 percent), understanding and completing paperwork (8 percent), selling within the planned length of time (7 percent), and having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale (6 percent).
- The median selling price of an open-market FSBO home was $184,000, while the median price for all agent-assisted sales was $230,000. The median income of unassisted sellers was $86,200, in contrast with $99,900 for agent-assisted sellers. Unassisted sellers were much more likely to be selling a mobile or manufactured home, and they were more likely to be in a rural area.
Remember, you can save money in real estate by not using a Realtor, you can save money with medical expenses by not using a Doctor and you can save when building a house by not using an Architect. You can always save by not using professionals, but can you afford not to use them? The results ALWAYS cost you in the end!
Call us at 954-816-7996
VILLA G REALTY, INC. TEL: 954-816-7996 www.villagrealty.com